We’re living in strange times, and it can leave many people feeling anxious, worried or stressed. There isn’t a better time to ensure you’re looking after yourself, both mentally and physically. Sometimes, all we need to do is make sure we’re putting ourselves first – after all, you can’t pour from an empty cup.
Practising self-care can help you to remember to consciously take care of yourself, and it is a great regime to implement into your life.
What is self-care?
Self-care will look different to different people but is simply any activity that we do to in order to look after our mental, emotional and physical health. This can include:
- Developing a healthy sleep routine
- Treating yourself to beauty treatments
- Taking regular breaks
- Exercising regularly
- Being strict with boundaries and learning when to say “no”
- Develop and nurture supportive friendships
- Reading or journalling
- Switching off from your phone or laptop
So, why is self-care important?
- Practising self-care can enhance your self-esteem: from ensuring you get enough sleep, to treating yourself to a beauty treatment, you send a positive message to your subconscious.
- More love to give: when you’re kind to yourself, you might mistake this for selfishness – it’s, in fact, the total opposite. self-care gives you the resources to be even more thoughtful to others.
- Your physical health can improve: practising self-care can give you renewed energy and leave you ready to face anything.
- You can reduce stress: by dedicating time to yourself each day, you will allow yourself to be more positive about the world around you.
- It can help you to achieve a positive work-life balance: overworking can make you stressed, tired and can seriously affect your productivity, and in some cases, it can even lead to health problems. By balancing work and play, you’ll be able to see and feel the benefits.
- Self-care can contribute to boosting happiness – need we say any more?
How are you going to implement more self-care into your life?
Find out more about Bella Lash Brow treatments here
To book an eyelash treatment or to book a brow treatment with us, click here